Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Worth a Thousand Words



I recently subscribed to a flickr group - Stick Figures in Peril. The group encourages anyone to share photos of stick figures that are interesting and/or amusing. It's a very active group, and a fascinating experiment in crowdsourcing.

The figure I've included here is one that immediately caught my attention. Why? Primarily because I recognize it. The impending peril here is a speech or lecture just about to happen. I'll have to post this outside the room next time I give my lecture on the history of bluetooth. Seriously though, what does it say about traditional classroom instruction when we so easily associate a lecture with peril - maybe it's time to re-think how we teach!

Photo from underscore_mouse

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...