Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Low-Tech Collaboration: Post-Its, Whiteboard and Markers

The logo of the brand.Image via Wikipedia
Here's a flickr slideshow of some photos I took with my iPhone. What you're seeing in the slideshow is the result of a group of faculty discussing revisions to our networking program. Our tools? A whiteboard, dry erase markers, an eraser (not sure we used it), and a variety of post-it notes. This was the most productive group collaboration session I've had in a long time. Rather than sitting around a conference table and discussing things, we were up and active; hashing-out disagreements, moving around post-its - even thrashing post-its. This was a great way of working and I think our program and our students will benefit from the work we did. What's better is I used my iPhone to capture all the notes and develop the documentation for our proposed revisions. So next time you're working with a team consider going low-tech. You might be surprised by the results.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...