Tuesday, November 25, 2008

No Beatles on iTunes ... Yet

This is really frustrating. There's been talk for years of the Beatles catalog on iTunes - even rumors of a special edition "Yellow" submarine iPod. My 14 year old daughter has been listening to the Beatles a lot - I think it started with the movie  "Across the Universe" which was set to Beatles music. She would love to fill her iPod with Beatles songs. It's a shame EMI and Apple Corp (the Beatles Apple, not Steve Jobs Apple) can't come to an agreement - everyone involved will make more money. Negotiations to put Beatles on iTunes stalled: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance
Paul McCartney said Monday negotiations on a long-awaited deal to make the Beatles' catalog available on the online music service iTunes have stalled.

"The last word I got back was it's stalled at the whole moment, the whole process," the former Beatle said. "I really hope it will happen because I think it should."

McCartney, who was speaking at the launch of his new album, Electric Arguments, added: "It's between EMI and the Beatles, I think."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...