Thursday, August 13, 2009

Funny Classroom Stories

It's tough to be a teacher, especially when you're not in on the joke. I think the best teachers have a sense of humor and don't take themselves too seriously.

Idaho
Recruited by Teach for America, Molly has starting teaching in the Mississippi Delta. Her fifth-period class has 19 13-year-old boys and only a few girls. It’s a high-energy class.

‘Ms. Hildebrand, what’s that state that starts with an I?’ ‘Illinois?’ ‘No’ ‘Indiana?’ ‘No’ ‘Iowa?’ ‘No’ ‘Idaho?’ ‘haha thats right… [insert all class laughing here….]’ Around four oclock this afternoon I got why they were laughing… I da hoe…. wonderful….I really showed my authority to that period…..

I once witnessed a young science teacher trying to lead a discussion about the planets. You’ll guess his ninth graders’ favorite planet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...