Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The Future is Now - Camera with Pico Projector

I really believe devices like the new iPhone 3GS and other mobile communication devices that can record and post video are going to quickly alter the way we teach and learn. Another device is this class is the pico projector, which I've posted about before. To date, most pico projectors are low lumens (brightness) and low resolution and separate physical devices. I have an Optoma Pico Projector and I love it! Works great with my laptop, digital camera or my iPhone. The trouble is I still have to carry around another device and associated cables. As the chipsets for pico projectors get smaller, it's inevitable that we'll see cellphones, laptops, and cameras with embedded projectors. I guess we don't have to wait too long, here's a Nikon digital camera with built in pico projector. Pretty cool!

Available in September, in either Black or Warm Silver at about $430 - read the press release with pictures and specs here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...