Tuesday, August 18, 2009

iTunes Continues to Gain Ground

I'm surprised that iTunes is only at 25%. I don't know many people that buy music CDs anymore. Interesting that Walmart's combined digital and bricks-and-motar sales still only account for 14% of sales. In the digital-only market Amazon trails iTunes with only 8% of sales.

A couple of factors this study did not consider would interest me. This study didn't include ringtone downloads, which I think is a significant sector of the digital marketplace. Lastly, I wonder if the illegal file-sharing "market," which is understandably hard to measure, dwarfs iTunes, Walmart, and Amazon combined.
The NPD Group reported Tuesday that Apple's iTunes Store is responsible for selling one in four songs in the United States.


via Macworld

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...