Sunday, August 26, 2012

More on Windows 8

Tim Edwards on Why I’m uninstalling Windows 8. Click through to read his detailed list.


As a cruel trick on myself, about a month ago I installed Windows 8 on my main PC to see what it was like.


The answer is: abysmal.


I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that Windows 8 is the worst computing experience I’ve ever had. As a desktop operating system, it’s annoying, frustrating, irritating, and baffling to use. I’ve tried on many occasions to explain exactly why it’s so awful to use day-to-day, and most of the time, smoke starts pouring out of my ears. I thought it would be better to get down exactly what the issues are and why you should avoid it.


What it comes down to is this: Windows 8 is a tax on your brain. That dealing with it, day in, day out adds to your world being slightly worse in a dozen different but slightly irritating ways.


This isn’t an exhaustive list, but it is an exhausting list of reasons why I’ll never touch Windows 8 again. This isn’t an exhaustive list, but it is an exhausting list of reasons why I’ll never touch Windows 8 again. I’m not alone: game developers worldwide have declared Windows 8 a catastrophe.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...